Monday, October 14, 2013

Michigan District All Pastors' Conference

This yearly conference is always informational and fun. After four years in the district, we now have familiar faces and enjoy meeting new ones. 

We started the "weekend" (A ministry family's weekend is never on the actual weekend) with a nice dinner with friends from Seminary. Coincidentally, they are also expecting a baby in February. After dinner we continued our fellowship by playing a game called Dominion. I think we might be hooked. 

Monday was a full day of sessions. The keynote speaker was Dr. John Kleinig. I skipped out on most of his sessions, because I didn't want to push myself too much. Sitting for long periods of time becomes painful these days.

Tuesday was another full day of sessions with more free time. Every year there is a separate lunch for wives. It is great to have some "girl time" and meet some new ladies. During free time there was a chance to participate in a servant event. We assisted in making food bags for Kids Against Hunger. We also played another round of Dominion before dinner.

It is great seeing everyone and every time, I vow to make it more than once year. Especially, with our friends who live an hour away or less. I hope and pray I have an agreeable 2 month old, so that I can attend the Katie Conference. Maybe I should bring a nanny? Hahaha.

The back of the lodge where we stayed.
God's Blessings,
Joshua and Stefani 



1 comment:

Lucy, Murray and Ginny's Mom said...

You will have plenty of help at the Katie conference if you go. I am struggling to get Wiley to take a bottle and I don't love the idea of bringing an 11 month old, but if I'm there I'll gladly snugly a newborn for a chunk of it!