Thursday, September 19, 2013

One Year

One year ago today, we received the heart wrenching news that our first child did not have a heartbeat. This news brought us the most physical and emotional pain we have ever been through. 

Being pregnant now does not take away the sting of this loss. As a good friend who is walking through a similar journey said, "miscarriage has a way of taking away your innocence." 

To me that little guy will always be my first child. For those of us that believe in life at conception, it is impossible to think about it any other way. What brings me comfort is knowing that our child is in heaven. He never knew suffering, only the love of his family and the love of his Lord.

For those of you that have experienced miscarriage, my heart is with you. For those of you pregnant with your "rainbow baby", I understand your trepidation in sharing the news or getting "too excited". I understand how anxious every doctor's visit can be. Please know that you are not abnormal, weird, or alone. 

God's Blessings,

Joshua and Stefani 


No comments: